This place is for those who don't speak Czech

Moderátor: peta.smolik

Odpovědět
smart38
Začátečník

Idle and Stalling Problem

Příspěvek od smart38 »

Hello everyone,

I bought a 1.6 16v 2004 model Stilo about a month ago. After driving about three thousand kilometers, I had the clutch upper-lower center, fluid and filter maintenance, and timing belt replacement done.

Whatever happened started after this and it's getting progressively worse.

The car fluctuates terribly at idle.

While moving, when I press the clutch during gear transitions, or when stopping at traffic lights, the engine suddenly stops.

It jerks and hesitates intermittently while moving.

When going downhill, if you don't touch the gas, it starts to hesitate.

Fuel consumption used to be 7-8Lt./100km but now it's 20-22Lt./100km. It literally started guzzling petrol.

There's no problem with the air and fuel hoses, I've shown it to many mechanics.

They say it could be an electrical short circuit.

But the problem is not getting solved, the car completely frustrates me. Not a single error code is shown in Multiecuscan and other programs.

Those who know about the subject, please help.
Reklama

Vladka1
Zkušenej Fiaťák

Re: Idle and Stalling Problem

Příspěvek od Vladka1 »

ECU - worn joints/ cold junctions?
Injector flows through
ignition.
See sparkplugs if they are the same (colours of the electrodes) at all valves or just some..
smart38
Začátečník

Re: Idle and Stalling Problem

Příspěvek od smart38 »

Thank you very much for answering my friend :) I was really nervous about being alone on this one.

I'm going to check the spark plugs but shouldn't any fault lamp come on in case of ECU, wiring problems or show a malfunction in the multiecuscan program? It doesn't show any errors for me.

Intake air pressure fluctuates like crazy between 300 and 800
Odpovědět

Zpět na „English Corner“